Thanks to my friend Mary Valle for inviting me along for the e-ride.
What am I working on?
• An apocalyptic novel about the Jewish messiah (excerpt!)
• A story about a guy who inherits his grandmother’s memory
• A story about a miserable unsuccessful person in New York (because no one has ever written about that before!)
• Occasional pieces about religion and money
• Occasional pieces about religion and culture
• An e-book publishing venture
• My ability to handle multiple projects without making my wife miserable
How does my work differ from others in its genre?
I don’t know if I have a genre. Most of it’s literary fiction, but my novel could be considered speculative fiction (What would happen if a Jewish messiah actually showed up? What would the world look like?). So who knows? Call it whatever you want, okay? Just read it, for God’s sake.
Why do I write what I do?
We write the kind of books we want to read. In my case it’s weird little stories with some combination of humor, pathos, religion and satire.
How does my writing process work?
1) Put ass in chair
2) Write something
3) Re-write until it’s good
Tag, You’re It!